Hi, everyone! I know Christmas is over for many people, but we haven’t stopped celebrating in Puerto Rico yet. And what better way to be a little festive than with a book tag? Thanks to Marty from The Cursed Books for tagging me!
- HAVE YOU RECEIVED AN ARC AND NOT REVIEWED IT?
Unfortunately… yes. When I first started book blogging (on a different blog), I requested any and every ARC that seemed mildly interesting. Then I stopped blogging for several months and all those ARCs were left unread. Now I’m more selective with the ARCs I request for this reason.
- DO YOU HAVE LESS THAN 60% FEEDBACK RATING ON NETGALLEY?
Nope! I have a 75% feedback rating.
- HAVE YOU RATED A BOOK ON GOODREADS AND PROMISED A FULL REVIEW WAS TO COME ON YOUR BLOG (AND NEVER FOLLOWED THROUGH)
Not on my blog, no. I know I’m not likely to review books that aren’t ARCs, so I don’t tend to promise reviews for specific books.
- HAVE YOU FOLDED DOWN THE PAGE OF A BOOK?
No way. I like to keep my books as nice as possible, and folding the pages ruins them for me.
- HAVE YOU ACCIDENTALLY SPILLED SOMETHING ON A BOOK?
I’ve spilled water on books but not too much, just a few drops. I also vaguely remember staining a page of book with a Dorito or something like that.
- DID YOU DNF A BOOK THIS YEAR?
Yes! I actually DNF’d multiple books. Most of them were ARCs. The most recent one was The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I read almost 40 pages before I decided that I wouldn’t like it and didn’t want to continue reading it.
- HAVE YOU BOUGHT A BOOK PURELY BECAUSE IT WAS PRETTY WITH NO INTENTION OF READING IT?
Not really. I have been persuaded to buy books mostly because of the pretty covers, but I did have interest in them before buying them.
- HAVE YOU READ WHILST YOU WERE MEANT TO BE DOING SOMETHING ELSE (LIKE HOMEWORK)?
ALL. THE. TIME. There’s always something that I need to be doing, so this applies to every single time I read.
- HAVE YOU SKIM READ A BOOK?
Yup. I recently skim read the ending of The Winner’s Curse.
- WILL YOU COMPLETELY MISS YOUR GOODREADS GOAL?
Nooo! *dances around the room* My Goodreads goal was 50 books. I ended up reading 55 books.
- HAVE YOU BORROWED A BOOK AND NOT RETURNED IT?
NEVER. I treat other people’s books the way I would like my own books to be treated, so I’ve never kept a book that wasn’t mine.
- HAVE YOU BROKEN A BOOK BUYING BAN?
*looks around guiltily* Ha… ha… ha. Yes. I was supposed to be on a book buying ban for all of 2017 and I broke it like five times. I did buy less books than in 2016, so yay for me?
- HAVE YOU STARTED A REVIEW, LEFT IT FOR AGES THEN FORGOT WHAT THE BOOK WAS ABOUT?
Nope. I rarely write reviews, so this isn’t a problem for me.
- HAVE YOU WRITTEN IN A BOOK YOU WERE READING?
No. I want to buy a book someday specifically to write in it and pass it along to a friend (or several friends), but that hasn’t happened yet.
- HAVE YOU FINISHED A BOOK AND NOT ADDED IT TO YOUR GOODREADS?
I used to do this years ago because I was embarrassed by the books I had read previously, but I think that by now all the books I have read (that aren’t too short. I don’t like to count novellas or short stories for Goodreads) are on my Goodreads “read” shelf.
NAUGHTY OR NICE?
I said yes to six out of fifteen, so I think I’m a little nice? Definitely very close to being naughty, though.
I hope you enjoyed this tag! I won’t tag anyone because Christmas is over for most people. Are you a nice or naughty reader?