Hi there! Since I’m new to the book blogging community, I figured I would write a post talking about what kind of reader I am.
- I started reading in 2009, when I was 12 years old. I was at my local bookstore (RIP, Borders) when I saw two girls my age carrying stacks of books. I instantly felt the want to have books too, so I convinced my mom to buy me two books. The rest, as they say, is history.
- The first books I ever read were The Cupid Chronicles by Coleen Murtagh Paratore, and Thirteen by Lauren Myracle. After that, I only read middle grade books for a really long time.
- …Until I found out about Twilight. That was when I found out about Young Adult books. That, paired with my obsession with Harry Potter, was what truly made me a full-time reader.
- I am really critical of the writing in books. You could give me the book with the best plot in the entire universe, but if I don’t like the writing, I probably won’t give it a high rating.
- I don’t have a favorite book right now. But in the past, the following books have been in my list of favorite books: The Clique series, Thirteen, the Harry Potter series, The Raven Cycle, the Shatter Me trilogy, The Shadowhunter Chronicles, the Captive Prince trilogy, Percy Jackson and the Olympians/the Heroes of Olympus, the Anna and the French Kiss trilogy. The closest thing I have to a favorite book is Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli.
- I mostly buy hardcovers; I prefer the way they look on my bookshelves. However, I prefer reading paperbacks. For some reason, I find it much more enjoyable and comfortable than reading hardcovers.
- It makes me sad when I damage hardcovers. Paperbacks, on the other hand, look more appealing to me if they get a little damaged after they’ve been read. (This depends on the book.)
- It used to stress me out a little when I had four or five unread books. I never knew which one to read next. My TBR pile is a lot bigger than that now, and I’m desperately missing the days in which I struggled to choose between five books.
- I judge books by their covers. But can you blame me? There are soooo many beautiful covers out there. I am less likely to buy a book I’m interested in if I don’t like the cover. However, I won’t buy a book I’m not interested in just because it looks pretty.
- I got a Harry Potter box set for Christmas in 2010. I read books two through seven in six days, and I felt extremely sick for about a week. I don’t remember anything about the books. All I remember is laying in bed forcing myself to read Order of the Phoenix because I really wanted to read the entire series.
That is it for the bookish facts about me! Be sure to comment some bookish facts about yourself; I’d love to know. ☺